There are a myriad of apps available today. Many of these apps are business-driven and highly innovative.
However, sorting through the thousands of business apps available to determine which are the most useful requires valuable time and energy. Here are some notable apps for your smartphone and other devices that are actually worth your time:
- LinkedIn. Without question, LinkedIn is one of the best sources of information regarding clients. The app can provide you with details about your client’s current job, employment history, city of residence, and even contacts that you share. It has also become commonplace to follow-up with prospective clients after a meeting by connecting with them on LinkedIn. With this app already installed on your mobile device, you’ll be able to follow-up on your way to meet with your next client.
- Kindle. Being a good salesperson takes skills, some of which are gained through avid reading. The top twenty sales books are available for Kindle users via Amazon for only a few hundred dollars. And, because the app can be downloaded to your portable device, you can read between meetings, during a layover or whenever it’s convenient for you.
- World Clock. This app is already built into your smartphone and it is extremely useful for finding out the local time in every city. This means whether you have clients in Beijing or Bristol, you’ll always know the best time to contact them and deliver the sales pitch you’ve been perfecting. In sales, timing is everything and calling clients at the wrong time might create a first bad impression. Use this app, and you’ll always know when to call.
- Starbucks. This app helps you locate the nearest Starbucks and gives you directions to get there. Starbucks is undoubtedly one of the most popular meeting places. And, most of your clients probably already frequent this coffee franchise, so choosing this venue for your meeting should go over nicely. Additionally, all Starbucks have free Wi-Fi and some even have private meeting rooms so you can deliver your sales presentation without any interruptions. The comfy chairs are also a plus!
- Weather Channel. You probably don’t have time to sit through all the commercials on the Weather Channel to find out what the weather will be like before you head to your meeting. This app will let you know whether you need to pack an umbrella or a heavier coat. Plus, if you’re searching for a way to break the ice, you can use the app to learn the current weather situation in your client’s city. It’s been well documented that talking about the weather is one of the best ways to start off a call with a prospective client.
If you are a busy salesperson, these apps can transform your life. For more information about these apps or for assistance installing them onto your smartphone or other devices, give us a call at 888-625-0062 or send us an email: [email protected].